PROGRAM MANAGER Strong in translating ideas to (sub)projects
PSA Antwerp / MPET / ATS : One team in the port of Antwerp
PSA is a leading global port group, specialized in container handling. The group handles approximately 200,000 containers on a daily basis, spread across Asia, America and Europe with flagship operations in Singapore and Antwerp.
In Antwerp, PSA operates three container terminals: two are 100% PSA-owned (Noordzee terminal and Europa terminal) and one is a joint venture with TIL (MSC): the MSC PSA European Terminal (MPET).
Together, PSA and MPET handle more than 80% of the total container volume in Antwerp.
In 2015, PSA Antwerp and MPET established the subsidiary company Antwerp Terminal Services (ATS) to integrate operational activities in a joint structure. ATS supports both companies in the following areas: technical services, HSSE (Safety, Health, Security and Environment) and barge planning.
Together, these three companies form a firm and strong group in the Port of Antwerp. Our terminals operate 24/7 as a dynamic and well-oiled machine, thanks to the teamwork of our 3,000 highly motivated employees. All with their own expertise but with a shared passion.
In order to build a future-proof organization, we are looking for a Program manager.
This new job has been created because of the explicit ambition of PSA Antwerp to grow. The strategic program manager will accelerate and secure the delivery of a multi-year program to enable PSA Antwerp’s growth strategy. This program will cross all PSA departments: operations, technical, HR and IT.
• With the general growth strategy as a starting point, you will specify the program’s scope, taking into account parameters such as priorities, interdependencies, budget and KPIs.
• The kind of projects you will supervise are very diverse, including automation, process optimization, infrastructure and internal reorganization.
• You are responsible for the delivery of the program in terms of timing, budget and quality. You will therefore manage change and risks, recommend alternative approaches and seamlessly integrate all program components and make adjustments when necessary.
• You will establish a governance structure in order to track and report objectively on the progress of the projects to the stakeholders. This system will make it possible to manage information about updates, budgets, reviews for approval recommendations and KPIs.
• You will manage cross-functional teams in a complex matrix structure to discuss planning and priorities. You will inspire and support the project managers.
• The added value in this role is the pro-active identification of further opportunities and initiatives.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a program/project management role
• Experience in (container) port environment is a plus
• Strong communication and presentation skills to convince colleagues as well as stakeholders and to ensure they are all aligned in the same direction
• You are motivated by the desire to see results, manage uncertainty and turn resistance into positive solutions
• English and Dutch are spoken at PSA Antwerp, so you will need to be fluent in both languages
• You take ownership and responsibility and are ambitious
• You have an international orientation and are willing to travel
What the position offers
• An international environment with space for innovation and growth
• The chance to be part of the world’s leading container handler.