SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER – DISTRIBUTION CENTER MANAGER - Branch management for Ford OEM supply
As one of the first companies Facil has developed a full-service concept for fastening technologies. The concept embraces all aspects of fastening in the car and truck, railway, construction and agricultural industries. OEM customers use Facil’s service from the early concept phase throughout the entire lifecycle of the product. The package provides the comprehensive service for engineering, quality, purchasing and logistics. With this concept Facil provides the complete fastening technology for a constantly growing annual number of millions of cars and trucks.
Facil’s headquarters are located in Genk (B). The company has branches and development centers all over the world. The French branch in Saarlouis serves the local Ford Focus production site. In this branch Facil has a vacancy for a SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER – DISTRIBUTION CENTER MANAGER.
Challenging logistic, data and quality expectations
• You balance customer expectations, warehouse and in- and outbound activities, making sure you reach the objectives for the branch (OTIF, stock levels, obsolescence...)
• You are the IATF 16949 and ISO14001 QMS coach and the driver of the 5S implementation and maintenance
• You negotiate with, and select local service suppliers (cleaning, transport...) and you’re actively involved in supplier evaluation
• You manage and report on the branch’s equipment and investments
• You try to detect new opportunities on suppliers’ and customers’ sides
• You manage a team of 30 people working in 3 shifts (a warehouse supervisor, team leaders, blue collars, a quality coordinator and inspector and a fastener engineer)
• You’re a member of the European management team. You work out of the German branch in Saarlouis and you report to the Operations Director Europe.
Expertise, calm attitude, action and solution orientation
• You have an above average interest in process control and in continuous improvement
• You are clever, eager and ambitious to (let) grow. You have a bachelor or master’s degree and (even more importantly) a practical intellect of a level above average
• You have a strong interest in warehousing, in data and in people management
• You are mature and stress resistant, you feel comfortable with a high workload/ degree of complexity and high expectations
• Strong interpersonal and multi stakeholder management skills are crucial in this role
• You are fluent in German and English